JP CE Instagram Grid
JP CE Instagram Grid element is a great one to expand the existing element list of Yootheme PRO and offers you opportunities to display content of a public Instagram account posts and shows in beautiful grid-like element. Please note that this is not an API integration but it only relies on adding the Username + Password of any of your testing or dummy instagram account. You cannot show content from private instagram users posts or show from a specific hashtag. It will show the content from any of the public instagram user only.
How to install & use:
- Download JP CE Instagram Grid element latest version plugin from product page.
- You can just install the JP CE Instagram Grid using the "Joomla Extension Manager", click “Extensions -> Manage -> Install”(like you install any other plugin extension for Joomla).
- From the main joomla menu click “Extensions -> Plugins”. Use the Search or Filter feature to find the installed JP CE Instagram Grid and then make sure the installed plugin is enabled.
- Click on the installed plugin and set the "Instagram Username", "Instagram Password" from testing or dummy instagram account. Recommended not to use your personal or business instagram account credentials. Click "Save & Close" .
- Then you need to login instagram via browser or app using the same credentials used in the plugin, now you will get a new popup to authorize new device or new login. Just click "It was me" button to allow or authorise the device access once.
- Also "Turn Off - Two Factor Authentication" on linked instagram account profile settings.
Add the new custom element:
- Now open "YOOtheme" website builder inside the Joomla admin and edit the page you want to add the installed "JP CE Instagram Grid " element .
- Then you can easily add installed "JP CE Instagram Grid" custom builder element in Yootheme PRO Website Builder.
- You can customise the settings for the element under "Settings" tab in which how it will be displayed in your website.
- Set the user id of the instagram account to display the public posts.
- Enter the number of posts to be displayed in the feeds.
Use the various grid setting options based on your site requirements.
- "Display Style" -> Defines the grid style to be used for displaying the posts.
- "Phone Portrait" -> Defines the number of columns to be used in grid for smaller screen devices in portrait position.
- "Phone Landscape" -> Defines the number of columns to be used in grid for smaller screen devices in landscape position.
- "Tablet Landscape" -> Defines the number of columns to be used in grid for medium screen devices in landscape position.
- "Desktop" -> Defines the number of columns to be used in grid for large screen devices in landscape position.
- so on.....
- Checkout the general and image settings options based on your site requirements.
- Find various profile related settings under profile settings options .
- Once finished all the settings for the element , Click "Save layout" .
Have a look of the element output.
How to turn off two-factor authentication on Instagram :
Two-factor authentication is a security feature. If you set up two-factor authentication, you'll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing Instagram from a device we don't recognize.
-- Turn off two-factor authentication through Instagram App
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap 'Menu' icon indicated by three little lines at the top right of your profile screen, then click "Settings" at the bottom.
- Click "Security" and then click "Two-Factor Authentication" and make sure that both Text Message and Authentication App options are DISABLED or Turn OFF.
- If you don't see the toggle switch for Text Message and Authentication App options, tap "Get Started" first and then check both "Text Message and Authentication App" options are DISABLED or Turn OFF.
-- Turn off two-factor authentication through Instagram Website
- Tap your profile picture in the top right of the screen and then click "Profile".
- To the right of "Edit Profile", click the gear icon to access settings, then click "Privacy and Security".
- Scroll down and under "Two-Factor Authentication", click "Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting".
- Make sure that both "Text Message" and "Authentication App" boxes are "UNCHECKED".
API Error Code : 0 - Please Login to your instagram account and authorize device.
- For this error, you need to login instagram via browser or app using the same credentials used in the plugin, now you will get a new popup to authorize new device or new login. Just click "This was me" button to allow or authorise the device access once.
- Then refresh the page in which the plugin was integrated.