JP CS Instagram is a great tool to display content of a public Instagram account posts and shows in beautiful grid. Please note that this is not an API integration but it only relies on adding the Username + Password of any of your testing or dummy instagram account. You cannot show content from private instagram users posts or show from a specific hashtag. It will show the content from any of the public instagram user only.
How to install & use:
- Download JP CS Instagram latest version plugin from product page.
- You can just install the JP CS Instagram using the "Joomla Extension Manager", click “Extensions -> Manage -> Install”(like you install any other plugin extension for Joomla).
- From the main joomla menu click “Extensions -> Plugins”. Use the Search or Filter feature to find the installed JP CS Instagram and then make sure the installed plugin is enabled.
- Click on the installed plugin and set the "Instagram Username", "Instagram Password" from testing or dummy instagram account. Recommended not to use your personal or business instagram account credentials. Click "Save & Close" .
- Then you need to login instagram via browser or app using the same credentials used in the plugin, now you will get a new popup to authorize new device or new login. Just click "This was me" button to allow or authorise the device access once.
- Also "Turn off - Two-Factor Authentication" on linked instagram account profile.
Configure Dynamic Content Source:
- Now open "YOOtheme" website builder inside the Joomla admin and edit the page in which to add the instagram feeds layout .
- Then you can easily add listed custom builder elements in Yootheme PRO Website Builder in which you want to use the instagram as a content source. Here we used Grid element.
- Then Click on grid element and click "ADD ITEM" to add the new item to the element.
- Click "Advanced" menu in the new item and then select the option from "DYNAMIC CONTENT".
- Select a "Instagram Feed" content source to make its fields available for mapping.
- USER NAME - Set the user name of the instagram account in which the public posts or feeds are display from.
- QUANTITY - Set the number of posts to be displayed from the instagram wall.
- Show instagram Icon - Enable if you want to include the instagram icon in the grid.
- Once a content source is selected, its fields are available for mapping.
- To map a content field to an element's field, open the Content tab of an element. Each element field shows a Dynamic button on the right which opens a dropdown with a list of all available content fields.
- Select the content field to map it to the element's field. For example, you can map the title and image to the profile name and image fields of the instagram feed.
- Once finished all the settings for the element , Click "Save layout" and "Close" the website builder. Here is the sample demo page
How to turn off two-factor authentication on Instagram :
Two-factor authentication is a security feature. If you set up two-factor authentication, you'll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing Instagram from a device we don't recognize.
-- Turn off two-factor authentication through Instagram App
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap 'Menu' icon indicated by three little lines at the top right of your profile screen, then click "Settings" at the bottom.
- Click "Security" and then click "Two-Factor Authentication" and make sure that both Text Message and Authentication App options are DISABLED or Turn OFF.
- If you don't see the toggle switch for Text Message and Authentication App options, tap "Get Started" first and then check both "Text Message and Authentication App" options are DISABLED or Turn OFF.
-- Turn off two-factor authentication through Instagram Website
- Tap your profile picture in the top right of the screen and then click "Profile".
- To the right of "Edit Profile", click the gear icon to access settings, then click "Privacy and Security".
- Scroll down and under "Two-Factor Authentication", click "Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting".
- Make sure that both "Text Message" and "Authentication App" boxes are "UNCHECKED".
API Error Code : 0 - Please Login to your instagram account and authorize device.
- For this error, you need to login instagram via browser or app using the same credentials used in the plugin, now you will get a new popup to authorize new device or new login. Just click "This was me" button to allow or authorise the device access once.
- Then refresh the page in which the plugin was integrated.