JP CS Tags
“JP CS Tags” new plugin allows you to control joomla articles tags view and gets you full Yootheme template access to menu item "Tagged items" can do with a category blog view? this plugin . You also have a custom source to access tagged articles.
How to install & use:
- Buy and download the latest version of "JP CS Tags" plugin from the product page.
- You can just install the "JP CS Tags" plugin using the "Joomla Extension Manager", click “Extensions -> Manage -> Install”(like you install any other plugin extension for Joomla).
- From the main joomla menu click “Extensions -> Plugins”. Use the Search or Filter feature to find the installed "JP CS Tags" plugin, and then make sure the installed plugin is enabled.
Create "Tagged Items" Menu:
- Now create new menu item of type "Tagged Items" under the Joomla admin menu by click “Menus -> All Menu Items” and then create a new menu.
- Enter the required data for a new menu item
- Select Menu Item Type * as "Tagged Items" from the list of selection categories.
- And then select Tags which you want to link to this menu item from the available article tags.
- You can also add or create tags on the fly which is also included in the plugin layout .
- Once finished all the settings for the new menu , Click "Save & Close" .
Configure Dynamic Content Source with article tags:
- Now open "YOOtheme" website builder inside the Joomla admin and edit the newly created tagged item menu page to build the layout with articles.
- Click on the builder button and then click "Open Templates".
- Click on "New Template" to create a new tagged items layout using the tagged article contents.
- Enter the name and select the page option as "Tagged items".
- Click "Save".
- Click on the builder button along side newly created template.
- Then you can easily add listed custom builder elements in Yootheme PRO Website Builder in which you want to use the tagged items as a content source. Here we used Grid element.
- Then Click on grid element and click "ADD ITEM" to add the new item to the element.
- Click "Advanced" menu in the new item and then select the option from "DYNAMIC CONTENT".
- Select a "Tag items" content source to make its fields available for mapping.
- Set the starting point of "Tag items" to be displayed from in "Start" field and also set the number of items to be allowed in "Quantity" field.
- Once a content source is selected, its fields are available for mapping.
- To map a content field to an element's field, open the Content tab of an element. Each element field shows a Dynamic button on the right which opens a dropdown with a list of all available content fields.
- Select the content field to map it to the element's field. For example, you can map the title and image to the title and image fields of the tagged articles.
- Once finished all the settings for the element , Click "Save layout" and "Close" the website builder.